Sunday, October 7, 2018

Continuing my brother's work


Exchanges with Chen JM! 


Exchanges with Chen JM! 


Yummy dinner 


Running into Doris ! A friend from back in Banqiao ! 



Video calling our favorite taidong sisters! 



My attempt at a meditation bridge picture! 


Hiking with the crew 


Exchanges with Sister ZENTZ 


Exchanges with Sister ZENTZ English class! T


Exchanges with Sister ZENTZ 


Teaching about the Iron Rod through a game 



各位弟兄姊妹們大家早安! 

First off, shout out to my little bro Jacob who landed in South Korea this week! He is gonna be an incredible misisonary and I'm excited to serve at the same time! Love ya bro! 

This week was so awesome !! We went on a beautiful hike on Pday (only had minimal injuries and lots of sunburns) where we saw a beautiful waterfall! It was beautiful weather and such a fun time. 😊 

Then on Tuesday, I got to go on exchanges with Sister Zentz! We grew up together so it was fun to see how much we have changed. We laughed the entire time and found some really cool people! We visited one of their Recent Converts Zhang Jiemei and it was so awesome. When we talked about prophets and General Conference, she got so excited and loved it. She has such a strong testimony of the Preisthood and is so excited to hear the prophet speak. Love her! ❤️ 

On Thursday, I had the chance to go on another exchange with Chen Jiemei! She just started her mission a few weeks ago and is already FIRE! She is an amazing teacher and I learned a lot from her. She is also a expert pianist and singer so she gave me lots of tips. We visited our friend Maggie and the lesson was amazing. She was holding the Book of the Mormon and had a moment where she felt the power of this precious book. She bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and committed to read it everyday!! Wooooooo! She is doing amazing and can't wait to see her progress more. 

Then on Friday we had the BIGGEST MIRACLE EVER! We went to a super far part of our area so we had to take the train. We met with these super cool college girls and then were talking about the lesson, when we realized we didn't know when the train back was so we looked it up...and it ended up being in like 6 minutes. So we looked at each other and ran (like full on sprint) to the station, bought the ticket, and jumped on the train that had just pulled in! We looked at each other in releif, and as I was about to sit down...I realized this train was going the wrong direction!! So as the doors were closing, we jumped out as fast as we could! We didn't know what to do so we went back to the ticket office and found out the next train wasn't for another two hours! So we decided to eat dinner and do our language study. We went to a drink shop after dinner and started talking to the worker after ordering our drink. After a minute or two of talking, he's like "I've actually talked to missionaries before and it's really cool because the Elder also had the last name of Mao!" I then asked how long it was ago and he said he couldn't remember exactly, but about 4 or 5 years ago. 

This is where it gets cool! My brother Andrew served in this mission about that time so I pulled out his picture (in my mind thinking there is no way it could be him) and he immediately said, "that's him!" WHAT???? I was super shocked. Of all the people in Taiwan and all the places I could be, I met someone who remembered my brother from a long long time ago. 

This was such a special experience! It goes to show that God does lead his work and that no effort is ever wasted! My brother quickly talked to this person, and then years later he still has interested in learning about the Book of Mormon. It really built my testimony this week that God has the perfect plan, and if we trust him and be worthy, he wil guide us where we need to go. LOVE YOU ANDREW! So happy I can continue the work you started. 

That's about it for this week! Love you all and love to see pictures and hear from you!  Hope you're all doing incredible! 

Sis. Meeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Email ~ I'm Coming Home

Sister Meeks, Ericka Elliott, Lin Yu Jie Lin Yu Jie's card to Sister Meeks Sister Meeks, Jasmine Player (Compan...