Sunday, April 15, 2018

City Life







Hello Friends and Family!

This was a crazy and interesting week! I'm still getting used to my new area but I'm loving it more and more everyday. Almost everything is different, but the change is refreshing and I'm learning so many new things!

This week we had exchanges! I found out I was going with Sister Lim and I was so excited. She is an amazing missionary and knows how to have fun. We had two very successful lessons and I learned a lot from her teaching style. It's really cool that we have oppotunities to learn from lots of different people. We had such a party together. Missionary work is hard, but it's not supposed to be a bad experience! You can have fun and spread the Gospel at the same time!

On Wednesday we had English class! We had over 15 students and neither Sister Hurst or I had ever taught that big of a class before! But, we had so much fun. We taught about 'hobbies' and our students were loving it. They were very willing to participate and asked lots of questions! We are so excited to teach them. We ended but talking about spiritual gifts and how we can develop them. They were all very intrigued and accepted our invitation to use one of their gifts to serve another person this week. We also had a few new students and after talking with them after class, we found a couple of them that were interested in the gospel! We are teaching them this week. English class is such a great way to meet people, make friends, and help them start to understand why the gospel is so important. Love it!

Thursday we had Zone Conference! We had Elder Meur from the Seventy come and teach us! He was awesome and we learned a lot. We are blessed with some incredible leaders here in this area and I'm coming to realize more and more how much guidance we can receive. It really is incredible!

Friday was great! After a successful weekly planning session, we had to awesome lessons with Jerry and Amy. It was our first full lesson with them and they were both incredible. We were a little nervous about teaching in a trio, but it worked so well! We taught very well together as a companionship and came out of each lesson with big smiles on our faces.

Well everyone, I would just like to close with a quote from M. Russel Ballard from the last general conference. He said, "Life can be filled with faith, joy, happiness, hope, and love when we expertise the smallest amount of real faith in Christ." I love this quote! Christ is the source of all happiness and peace. When we have faith and follow His example. We have so so so many blessings we can enjoy. I can say with all my heart that I know Christ is our Savior. He loves us and wants the best for us. I would like to invite you to all watch this short clip. It's called "Becuase He Lives." (Even if you have already seen it, watch it again!) I truely know that Becuase Chest Lives, we can all return to our Heavenly Father and also live again.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-00-1420-because-of-him?lang=eng

I love you all so much! Have an amazing week!
-Sister Meeks
æŻ›ć§ćŠč


Check out my awesome blog my mom keeps up for me!! 


Address
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Email ~ I'm Coming Home

Sister Meeks, Ericka Elliott, Lin Yu Jie Lin Yu Jie's card to Sister Meeks Sister Meeks, Jasmine Player (Compan...