Sunday, January 14, 2018

Staying in ZHUBEI

"Transfers happened! Staying in Zhubei!! WOOT WOOT! 

Also, did I mention ... that it's FREEZING here !! Like ... the wind is just ridiculously cold and when it rains I pretty much just want to curl into a ball under a blanket ... all the time ;) haha But, no worries ... we have exactly 2 small space heaters that keep us warm at night ;) Other than the weather though, all is well out here in Taiwan ! We had 2 pretty big activities this week and they were both a blast, and a great opportunity to draw our wards closer together while also inviting investigators and non-members. 1. We had a Zhubei 1st Ward activity where we had the Filipino members teach us how to make Chicken and Pork Adobo and it was probably one of the best things I ate this week. Even better is that I know how to make it now ... so if anyone wants some Filipino food here in 8 months or so ... hit me up ;) 2. We had our three ward movie night and we watched 17 Miracles. Even better was we had an investigator there who loved it !! We plan on putting her on baptismal date the next time we meet with her, so I'm sure she'll have an extra dose of the spirit around her after seeing that small piece of history. It was a great night with members as well. They were really able to see the desire us missionaries have to help this community, and build the ward families. The effort was all in, and I'm sure it'll bring even more success to the event as we do it next month.

The best moment of my week though has to do with an investigator; her name is Li Yi Hui. She's incredible and has a baptismal date for this Saturday !! She still has to hear the last lesson, this coming Tuesday, but other than that she has hit all the requirements for baptism. But, she's still not too sure about the whole idea of actually getting baptized. She explained that she knows she's going to have " a moment ". She really believes that within the next week she's just gonna know that she needs to be baptized. When we asked her if she wanted to move her a date to a little later in the month she said no, and that she still wanted to pray about the 20th because she really knows she's gonna have a moment, and receive the answers she needs to be baptized. It's incredible how much faith she has, and I'm sure Heavenly Father is going to give her the answer she needs in the time that she needs it. So excited for her and her progression none the less. It's gonna be a great week ahead ! OH ! And, here's a heads up, I won't be emailing until Wednesday next week because our P-day is moved for TEMPLE DAY !!!"

Thank you to Sister Nielsen for helping explain the week :) 

But some funny stories this week. We met with this awesome lady and gave her a chapel tour. She came to church on Sunday with a ward member and then agreed to meet with us. She is already Christian but likes our church. Anyway, her husband came to pick her up and he was super drunk! But the funny kind of drunk. So we talked to him and he was hilarious! He told me I didn't have eyebrows and I was dying laughing. But they invited us over so we are hoping to teach the entire family! 

Another funny one was this lady was staring at me all through breakfast and so I finally waved and said hi. Then she just straight up asked me if I would take a picture with her. (This happens all the time) so I said yes and she just gets up and leaves! Hahaha people want to take pictures with me so there are just a bunch of random people who I don't know that have my picture. Kinda funny.  I love it though. Whenever I see someone staring, (so every 20 seconds) I wave and it usually makes them smile! Good enough for me! 

Love you all and hope everything is going well! 

Sister Meeks 

The best district EVER! 


Us after finding out we are staying together for another transfer! 


Us with the Filipino Sisters! 


Our awesome Sisters in first ward! 


This Sister made us super cool scripture covers. She is AWESOME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Email ~ I'm Coming Home

Sister Meeks, Ericka Elliott, Lin Yu Jie Lin Yu Jie's card to Sister Meeks Sister Meeks, Jasmine Player (Compan...