Monday, August 20, 2018

Can You Say Rain


Celebrating one year on the misison with some yummy steak! 




Breakfast with the district





Celebrating with Sister Love! She was in the MTC with me. 



Skyping Chen JM before the baptism! 




Chen JM at her baptism!! My trainer brought a picture of me because I couldn't attend in person! 








Yummy Taiwanese food :) 


Me and my comp! 



Hello everyone!!

I hit my one year mark this week!! Crazy that I have been wearing this same tag everyday for an entire year. I feel so blessed to be here in Taiwan serving the Lord. I have made so many lifelong friends and changed myself in ways that I never could have imagined before the mission. I am so grateful to be able to serve a misison! Six months to go!! 😊😊

A huge miracle that happened this week was that Chen Pei Ru got baptized this week! Sister Nielsen and I taught her all the way back when I was in training! She is incredible and I am so happy she made the choice to be baptized. It made me think a lot about my time in Zhubei. Such a happy time and I am so happy I could start my mission there. I really hope I can go back and visit all the amazing people there. #zhubeiforlife

These past few days went by quick but we still saw a lot of miracles! The biggest one happened on Wednesday night, which is when we teach English class. Xie Jiemei and I were a little bit dissapointed because we didn't have any students in our class :( but we decided to call a few people in the time we had and invite them to come next week. We were going to sit in our classroom because it had air conditioning, but I had a strong feeling we needed to go sit on the chairs by the front door. We decided to sit in the air conditioned room anyway, but I got the feeling again so we finally went outside. As we were sitting there sweating in the humidity, a lady cautiously approaches the door so I jump up to go talk to her. She said she has been wanting to come into the chapel for a long time but had been feeling nervous. But she knew we had English class so she waited until then because she knew there would be people inside.

We asked her if we could give her a chapel tour and she was very excited! She loved every part of it and commited to come to church next week and bring her two sons!! She then asked how our church was different so we asked if she had time to sit for a few minutes! She said yes and we shared with her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration! So cool!

BUT WAIT! It gets better. After we finished, she said she wanted to share something with us. She said as she was sitting in her car outside the church, she said a silent prayer and in her prayer told God that if someone came up to her and welcomed her into the chapel, she would take it as a answer that what she was doing was right. My companion and I were blown away. If we had had students come or I had continued to ignore the feeling to sit outside the classroom, we never would have met this incredible person.

This experience made me super emotional! As she was sharing, I felt the Holy Ghost so strongly! It helped build my testimony that God really does lead His church and His missionaries! Everyday, I become more amazed because I really know Heavenly Father loves us and will never abandon us. He knows exactly what each of us need and if we listen to him, he will guide us down the successful road. So grateful for this guidance in my life.

Thats about it for this week! Love you all and hope you have an amazing week 😊😊
Sister Meeks
æŻ›ć§ćŠč 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Email ~ I'm Coming Home

Sister Meeks, Ericka Elliott, Lin Yu Jie Lin Yu Jie's card to Sister Meeks Sister Meeks, Jasmine Player (Compan...