Monday, October 30, 2017

In the field

It is always a happy day when you receive random text messages from strangers with pictures of your daughter.  Thank you kind people of Missouri











Hello Family and Friends! 

    I'm officially in the field! I didn't get a chance to write last week but I've been here almost two weeks. I am in the Maryville area and I couldn't be more blessed. It is about two hours from Independence and I am loving the people more everyday. 

    Backtracking a little bit, the first day here I had a few really neat experiences. We first got to go to the temple and eat lunch. There was so a nice spirit there and it was great to start of the mission in that way. We then got to go to Liberty Jail! This was so cool. We had a Sister Missionary take us on a tour and I learned so much from her. Then we went into the room and it was so spiritual. As we listened to some accounts written by Joseph Smith, I couldn't help but feel so much gratitude for the early Saints and all sacrifices they made so I could have the Gospel in my life. 

    We then went to the mission home and I got to get to know President and Sister Love a little bit better. They are SO cute. They are so happy and always ready and willing to help us with whatever we need. After my interview with President Love, he looked me straight in the eye and said, "You've got some spunk Sister Meeks. I like that about you!" So funny and I am so thankful for both of them! 

     Then I went off to the area! I am in a trio again and my companions are great. I got to teach a lesson about an hour after I got there and invited her to be baptized! It was such a spiritual experience and I know Heavenly Father helps me when I am ready to teach. Another unique thing about this area is we get to do a lot of work with less active members. Our ward boundaries are huge so some people have to drive over and hour to get to church. Because of this, a lot of people don't come. One lady we are working with is named Joanne. She is so sweet. She is obsessed with Beauty and the Beast and loves to talk about it. As we were about to leave, I felt like I should invite her to the ward party (which was happening in like two hours) but I just took a shot and asked. She very surprisingly said yes! We found a ride for her and she had such a good time. She then came to church on Sunday! It's amazing what can happen when you listen to the Spirit :) 

      Another cool experience! We tracked into a guy who accepted a Book of Mormon and seemed really interested. But my companions didn't really want to go back and see him for some reason...dumb! But I pressed it and we went back and had a lesson right then! (Which never happens) and he committed to read the Book of Mormon, pray about it, AND come to church! SO cool. I see good things for him! 

       But I really am loving the mission life. I know this is where I am supposed to be and I couldn't be more happy to be serving the Lord. Thank you for all of your support and love. I couldn't serve without it. 

      Love you all and have a great weeks!
Sister Meeks
​​​​
New Address: 

Sister Jessica Meeks
1222 S Laura Cir
Maryville, MO 64468

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Email ~ I'm Coming Home

Sister Meeks, Ericka Elliott, Lin Yu Jie Lin Yu Jie's card to Sister Meeks Sister Meeks, Jasmine Player (Compan...